FIRST ALERT WEATHER: Two Atlantic systems could become named storms this week

An additional area of disturbed weather near the Yucatan peninsula of Mexico is also expected to be able to strengthen into at least a tropical depression this week. Hurricane hunter aircraft were expected to investigate the system Monday afternoon.

While the Gulf storm remains disorganized, forecasters say it will likely become better formed over the next two days and warned residents in the Florida Panhandle and Texas coast to be prepared for possible advisories. The National Hurricane Center is now forecasting a 40 percent chance of this low-pressure system becoming a tropical cyclone over the next two days and a 60 percent chance over the next five days.

A track to our east would mean little rainfall here but anything to our west would put us on the wetter side of the system.

The storm system is not yet organized enough for the NHC to declare it a tropical storm though its maximum sustained winds reach tropical storm strength of 39 miles per hour or greater.

A lopsided disturbance in the southern Gulf of Mexico is on the verge of becoming a tropical system in the next 24-48 hours. It is still too early to say with any certainty, whether there would be any impacts on land.

Computer forecast models take the system northward, but from there it's highly uncertain.

Tropical storm warnings or watches are in effect for Trinidad, Tobago, Grenada, St. Vincent and the Grenadines.

KRIS 6 Weather is continuing to monitor the system, but at this time, it does not and is not expected to pose a threat to our area.

The tropical system is forecast to move through the Windward Islands and near the eastern coast of Venezuela Monday night and early Tuesday.

The storm should continue rather quickly to the west-northwest.

"Disturbance 2", farther out in the Atlantic, is already being upgraded to a potential tropical cyclone.

Maximum sustained winds are near 40mph (65kmph) with higher gusts.

Indian escapes from Bali prison
Australian Shaun Davidson in four-man Kerobokan prison breakout