Eman Ahmad, world's heaviest woman dies in Abu Dhabi hospital

Former World's Heaviest Woman Eman Ahmed Dies In Abu Dhabi Due To'Health Complications

Eman Ahmad, world's heaviest woman dies in Abu Dhabi hospital

"Abdul Atti passed away at 4:35 AM on Monday due to complications from the underlying comorbid conditions, including heart disease and kidney dysfunction", the hospital statement said, six hours after her death. "She had been under supervision of 20 doctors from different specialties", a hospital official said.

In October, Muffazal Lakdawala, a bariatric surgeon in India, reached out to the family to offer his assistance pro bono. However, a spat between Ahmed's doctors and family ended her therapy at the hospital.

A doctor from the Saifee team that operated on her said without surgery, it was a lose-lose situation.

Egyptian national Eman Ahmed Abdelaty, once known as the world heaviest woman, had undergone a weight reduction surgery in Mumbai in March before being moved to a Abu Dhabi hospital, where she died on Monday.

She was diagnosed with elephantiasis which is a condition that causes extreme swelling in the limbs, and she also suffered with water retention due to having "disruption of the glands".

Eman Ahmed Abd El Aty, who was Egyptian, once weighed a whopping 500kg.

Ms Ahmed's sister had alleged that her treatment in Mumbai had been far short of satisfactory and that the family had been misled. Sept 11: Eman's sister Shaimaa Selim posts on her Facebook page a photo of her sister celebrating birthday at the hospital.

She had not left her bed since her pre-teens and had to be flown to India from Egypt on a specially-modified cargo plane. "With surgery, we took a chance and so did her family".

The former world's fattest woman - who weighed 500Kgs - has died aged 37.

Burjeel Hospital management confirmed to Al Arabiya English that they are going to arrange the return of Eman's body to her home country in Egypt in the coming days.

Target raises its hourly minimum wage
System failure triggers delays at Sydney airport