Rhee Cheol-hee, a member of South Korean parliamentary defence committee, confirmed the North Korean hack.
In a bold move, reports revealed that U.S. President Donald Trump is set to visit the most risky border in the world - North Korea's Demilitarized Zone. Rhee, who is on the Parliament's defense council, said some 235 gigabytes of military documents had been stolen from the Defense Integrated Data Centre, and that 80% of them have yet to be identified.
Details of Britain's battle plan emerged after Donald Trump tweeted on Saturday that 25 years of agreements with North Korea have failed, "making fools" of U.S. negotiators.
Last week, North Korean state-controlled media indicated that Pyongyang had unilaterally restarted operations in the industrial complex, a move that the South Korean unification ministry labeled an "infringement of property rights" in a statement quoted on Tuesday by local media.
President Donald Trump on Monday tweeted that policies under previous US administrations have failed to contain the North Korean nuclear threat.
It has resulted in an ongoing war of words between Donald Trump and Kim Jong Un.
The breach occurred a year ago, before North Korea began its multiple rocket and weapon tests.
The new weapon is being developed under South Korea's Kill Chain pre-emptive strike program, an initiative exclusively aimed to detect and intercept missiles from North Korea within the shortest time. They were previously reported to have built a model of South Korea's presidential office for similar military exercises. She has not yet undergone flight trials, and expects to be commissioned by the Royal Navy later this year or early next year, a Ministry of Defence spokesman told Business Insider.
North Korea has been found responsible for a number of high-profile attacks over the years, and is still technically at war with the United States and South Korea.