Meanwhile, earlier this month, the Communist Party of the Philippines (CPP) and NDFP said in a statement that they are rejecting the idea of the localized peace talks, pointing that these are "mere rehashes of worn-out psywar surrender programs".
The exiled founder of the Communist Party of the Philippines has hit back at President Duterte's threat to classify the New People's Army as "terrorist group".
The exchange comes after the President signed a proclamation terminating the peace talks between the government and the CPP-New People's Army-National Democratic Front (CPP-NPA-NDF).
Just four days before Duterte cancelled the talks anew, the bilateral teams of the NDFP and the Government of the Republic of the Philippines (GRP) RWCs-SER initialed draft documents reflecting substantial agreements on agrarian reform and rural development, and on national industrialization and economic development.
On Tuesday, Duterte said his administration was preparing the official proclamation terminating the peace talks and categorizing the NPA as a terrorist organization. "He has, in fact, walked the extra mile for peace", Roque said. "Rest assured that he will continuously pray that we may all find the peace that we seek for our beloved country in the fullness of God's time".
Church leaders in the Philippines warned of an upsurge in violence around the country after the government formally declared the termination of peace negotiations with communist rebels this week.
In a statement released Friday, Sison, who was Duterte's former professor in Political Thought, criticized the President for using the recent incidents of NPA attacks as a false basis in his decision to no longer pursue the peace talks with the NDFP.
The CPP leader said the NDFP has always submitted to the Joint Monitoring Committee its complaints against abuses and provocative acts by security forces committed in the name of Oplan Kpayapaan and martial law in Mindanao.
A FIFTH round of talks with communist rebels was supposed to start quietly today, November 25 in Oslo, Norway, but the meetings were scrubbed following President Rodrigo Duterte's abrupt decision to permanently terminate negotiations immediately.
Duterte said Saturday last week he is no longer inclined to resume the peace talks with the Reds, following what he deemed an "intentional" ambush of a group of people in Talakad, Bukidnon on November 10 which led to the death of a four-month-old baby and a policeman.
Edre Olalia, legal counsel of the NDFP, said authorities need a court order to arrest the 19 NDFP consultants who were allowed to post bail in August 2016 to participate in the talks.
"That is why I said in the previous days, I can not give you what I don't own and certainly a coalition with the Republic of the Philippines is pure nonsense".
"We will continue to do our mandate and perform and ensure the safety of our communities", he said.
For its part, the NDF said it "views with grave concern" Duterte's sudden unilateral cancellation of negotiations "at a time when unprecedented advances have already been achieved". The group said "positive results from the talks" should be pursued and not abandoned.
Jumoad added that in a dialogue, it is important that both parties show "sincerity and honesty".
"Never before have we all reached this far in our negotiations with them", he said.
In his rants, Duterte "unwittingly exposed his scarce, shallow and defective knowledge of the peace process", Sison said.