House of Cards to resume production in 2018 without Kevin Spacey

The fate of the Netflix hit show

House of Cards to resume production in 2018 without Kevin Spacey

Sarandos made the comment during a panel at the UBS Global Media and Communications Conference in NY, also confirming that Season 6, the final installment of the political drama, will consist of eight episodes, down from the usual 13. It will be an eight-episode season. Many fans suggested moving forward with Robin Wright and that seems to be exactly the direction Netflix has chose to take.

The eight-episode final season of House of Cards will "bring closure of the show for fans", Sarandos said on Monday.

Scotland Yard is investigating Spacey, who was artistic director at London's Old Vic theatre, over two allegations of sexual assault while he also faces claims of "on-set sexual misconduct" by members of the House Of Cards production crew. They want to keep the show going and it's understandable that this is something they would want - House of Cards employs many people and you want to see these people in the Baltimore area have work a little while longer.

After the reports began to surface in late October, Netflix announced it was cutting ties with the actor.

Sarandos did not say when season six would air or how Spacey's character would be treated in the show. Now production will remain on hiatus into the new year. Spacey was officially suspended from the show early last month.

Here's to Robin Wright getting even more screen time in the final year of House of Cards.

Spacey was ultimately booted from the series following multiple accusations of sexual harassment.

Wright's character, Claire Underwood, finished season five by winning election as the first USA female president after wresting power from her husband.

He said he didn't recall it, but allegations by other men followed.

Warriors' Livingston, Official Both Suspended After On-Court Altercation
FCC: "Desperate" net neutrality supporters won't delay vote