Hayne said he had previously provided "all reasonable assistance" to authorities after the woman went to police.
Hayne has "unequivocally and vehemently" denied any wrongdoing.
"Mr Hayne brought our client back to his home, approached her in the dark, turned her around as to not face him and told her "no kissing", attorney John Clune said in a statement provided to news.com.au.
Former San Francisco 49ers running back and current rugby star Jarryd Hayne has been accused of rape during his time in the National Football League in a new lawsuit filed in California on Tuesday.
According to the Mercury News, the District Attorney's Office reviewed the case and rejected it in 2016 for insufficient evidence. She said she had never had sexual intercourse before that night but was fearful of going to police because of Hayne's prominence.
A civil suit was filed in the United States overnight accusing Hayne of rape.
The alleged incident with a "Ms. V" took place in December 2015.
The woman is seeking monetary compensation for "emotional pain, anguish and severe distress".
It was being reported the alleged rape was first reported to police in May past year, but was reviewed and rejected by the District Attorney's office due to a lack of evidence to prove Hayne was guilty of the offence.
Hayne's long-time manager Wayne Beavis told The Daily Telegraph he was unaware of the claims on Wednesday.
The NRL said the Integrity Unit would continue to monitor the civil case.
"As with any legal matter, it is important that we follow due process and ensure that we review all relevant information available, including giving Jarryd the opportunity to respond", he said.
Hayne first joined the Eels in 2006 and played nine seasons for the Sydney team before shocking the sporting world in 2014, when he announced he would be quitting Rugby League and moving to America to pursue a career in NFL.
The club said it would continue to "monitor the situation".
A former San Francisco 49ers player now playing professional rugby in Australia has been sued by a California woman who says he sexually assaulted her.
He won a contract with the San Francisco 49ers but was released after one season, which ended in mid-2016.