Former Miami Dolphins and San Francisco 49ers offensive tackle Jonathan Martin posted a seriously disturbing threat directed at his former Harvard-Westlake High School in Southern California on Friday. He was drafted by the Dolphins, but left the team in 2013 after accusing teammates of bullying.
"We apologize for the short notice; the safety of our students is our highest priority", the message read.
The LAPD did not name Martin but told the Los Angeles Daily News that the suspect had been located and that he is no longer a threat.
Steve Gorman and Brian Noe discuss former Miami Dolphins offensive lineman Jonathan Martin's Instagram post and how it is a blessing in disguise. "We are working closely with law enforcement and will share more information when we are available".
More than 100 students marched from Blake High School to downtown's Curtis Hixon Park on Friday in a Parkland school shooting-inspired protest aimed at lawmakers in Tallahassee.Dozens more joined them along the way, and the crowd swelle.
The report into the incident included distressing text messages from Mr Martin to his parents alleging bullying throughout his school years, at Stanford University and in Miami. He has a private IG account, but it is verified. The NFL hired attorney Ted Wells to do an investigation that focused on Pouncey, Incognito, fellow linemen John Jerry and Andrew McDonald, trainer Kevin O'Neill and line coach Jim Turner. Incognito sat out the 2014 season, but played the next three years for the Buffalo Bills. He later admitted to depression and said he had attempted suicide.
Martin, who previously revealed he tried to commit suicide multiple times while in the NFL, was the victim in a bullying scandal that rocked the league. Incognito, who is white, sometimes made jokes about slavery in the presence of Martin, who is Black, the report said.