The Head of State emphasized that politics of violence has no space in today's modern politics.
Any delays in bringing this matter to finality, as has been the case with other related attacks on the private media and opposition politicians, would cast aspersions on the State's commitment to breaking the cycle of violence.
The government has insisted that elections will go ahead as scheduled on July 30 and offered State protection to presidential candidates concerned their security in the wake of the incident. "Four security personnel and some chiefs were also injured so all in all we are talking of 8 or 9 people who have been injured".
The new President, who was Mr. Mugabe's top lieutenant for decades, has introduced economic reforms since ascending to power after a military coup toppled Mr. Mugabe last November.
"We will never bow to those who carry these heinous acts", Uhuru said in his tweet of Saturday, June 23.
The president said there have been "so many" attempts on his life that he is used to them.
Mnangagwa stated the campaigns had been going on in a free and peaceful environment, saying he would not be intimidated by such actions from his foes.
"The President's response has been: We answer with love".
"Let me be very clear, nothing will stop the election in Zimbabwe, nothing at all", Chiwenga told a rally of the ruling ZANU-PF party in the town of Chitungwiza near Harare.
Addressing the media in Harare this afternoon, Police Spokesperson, Senior Assistant Commissioner Charity Charamba assured the nation that investigations to ascertain what transpired at the stadium are now underway.
In a video clip Mnangagwa confirmed he was safe, but he was only inches away from the blast. "There have been multiple attempts on the President's life over the past five years".
Without mentioning names, Mnangagwa said there were some people who did not accept his presidency and his "usual enemies" were behind the blast.