White House trade adviser says China trade dispute was never 'on hold'

A computer screen displays an announcement on the Chinese Trademark Office website approving of the Ivanka Trump trademark to be used in wide variety of products from beverages to instant noodles and spices in Beijing China. China has approved 13 Ivank

White House trade adviser says China trade dispute was never 'on hold'

Office of Trade and Manufacturing Policy Director Peter Navarro on the Trump administration's tariffs and trade talks with China.

Those talks will come with the threat of new tariffs, with the White House laying out a June 15 deadline for specifying which Chinese goods - up to $50 billion worth - will be subject to a 25% tariff.

Ten days ago the White House announced a truce in trade hostilities with China, with US Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin saying that threatened tariffs on Chinese goods were "on hold".

The fund's recommendations chime with the criticisms that the Trump administration has leveled at Beijing in the course of the current trade dispute.

"No matter what the actions that the U.S. plans to take, China has the confidence, the capability and the experience to defend the core interests of the people and the nation", the statement said.

Tensions between the USA and China may have been reduced somewhat by Trump's action last week to ease sanctions that threatened the viability of Chinese telecom giant ZTE, in response to a personal request from President Xi Jinping.

When Trump announced the initial plan to impose tariffs, he also instructed the Treasury Department to draw up new curbs on investments in the U.S. by Chinese companies. A team of US officials was scheduled to arrive in Beijing on Wednesday to discuss the broad outline of those talks, but if the two sides failed to reach agreement on what would be discussed, the trip - led by Commerce Secretary Wilbur Ross - could be canceled, the Wall Street Journal reported.

The trade representative's almost 200-page report outlining China's trade practices alleges, among other things, that these policies "deprive USA companies of the ability to set market-based terms in licensing and other technology related negotiations with Chinese companies and undermine United States companies' control over their technology in China". But on Wednesday, Trump reversed and signaled that he still planned to impose $50 million in tariffs on Chinese imports.

"China urges the United States of meet us halfway with the spirit of our joint statement", the representative said.

"China's trade practices raise serious concerns, but job-killing tariffs aren't the answer", he said.

The meeting held in Washington in May where many matters were discussed on Chinese matters.

United States has already requested China to remove all of its several trade barriers, including non-monetary trade barriers, which make it both hard and unfair to do business there, it said.

Citing a document issued by the Trump administration in December, the official said the USA government would consider restrictions on visas for science and technology students from some countries. It announced that the United States would take multiple steps to protect domestic technology and intellectual property from certain discriminatory and burdensome trade practices by China. "It is obviously against the consensus reached by the U.S. and China in Washington recently".

Trump is seeking to curb investment in sensitive technology, ratcheting up pressure on Beijing. Not only this but also White House has announced that it will limit the investment of China. This investigation was done on China regarding the intellectual property practices in China.

Trump confirms June 12 meeting with Kim in Singapore
Singaporean Airline Announces World's Longest Commercial Flight