This new case involves a woman in her 20's who arrived in Toronto from China asymptomatic on January 23.
Today, a third case was confirmed by David Williams, Chief Medical Officer of Health, in Ontario.
And she said Canada and the world are much better prepared to deal with a potential pandemic than they were during the outbreak of SARS, another coronavirus that killed more than 700 people worldwide from 2002-04.
Ontario health officials are expected to hold a news conference at 2:30 p.m. on Friday.
Earlier in the day, the first Canadian hospitalized with 2019-nCoV was discharged from Sunnybrook Hospital in Toronto. She tested positive for the virus after returning from a trip to Wuhan, China, on January 23, Ontario public health officials said on Friday.
Dr. Vanessa Allen, head of medical microbiology for the Ontario Public Health Laboratory, explained that the tests are evolving and that the Ontario laboratory applied two tests to the sample versus five in the national laboratory. Due to their hard work, the risk for Ontarians remains low.
Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre said he is now recovering at home along with his wife, who also became ill with the virus.
He was kept in an isolation room in the hospital, while his wife, who also was confirmed to have the virus, has been in self-isolation at home.
Dr. Michael Payne, medical director of Infection Prevention and Control at LHSC said in a statement, "LHSC's Emergency Department team took the necessary precautions.Our highly skilled medical staff were ready for the presentation of coronavirus and demonstrated the effectiveness of our precautions, practices, and protocols". "Every time she had contact with someone in Canada she was wearing a mask".
At the three airports that receive direct fights from China - Toronto, Vancouver and Montreal - information screens in the customs areas have been set up, advising people to self-report to customs officials if they are experiencing any symptoms of the novel coronavirus.
The only other case reported in Canada was a person in B.C. who was also recovering in isolation at home.
In China, where the outbreak originated, the number of confirmed cases rose above 11,000 on Saturday, with the death toll at 259. The vast majority have been in Hubei province and its capital, Wuhan, where the first illnesses were detected in December. Symptoms include fever and cough, and in severe cases, shortness of breath and pneumonia.
Canadian officials say the country is already taking the right steps to prevent its spread, adding that the risk here remains low.