Southern Ontario Man Dies of COVID-19

Covid-19

Another close contact COVID-19 case reported in Ottawa as provincial total climbs to 369

Both are self-isolating.

He passed away Sunday with pneumonia and COVID-19 listed as the cause of death.

Watch the announcement live on CTVNewsToronto.ca at 12:30 p.m.

Testing is being ramped up in Ontario.

More than 19,000 people in Ontario have tested negative for COVID-19 to date, while 8,417 are now under investigation.

Ontario has now had a total of 503 cases - 489 of which are active, eight resolved and six deceased.

The ads, two in English and two in French, feature Canada's chief public health officer, Dr. Theresa Tam, once again urging Canadians to keep their distance from one another and to practice good personal hygiene such as by washing their hands thoroughly and frequently.

"Five of those have no known travel history, no link to someone who travelled, and no close contact with a confirmed case".

Etches estimated there may be as many as 4,000 cases in the city.

Meanwhile, federal Health Minister Patty Hajdu said yesterday that closing internal borders isn't something she wants to see happen, however, she acknowledged that it has been discussed between Ottawa and the provinces.

"Enough is enough. Go home and stay home", Trudeau said. "Staying home is your way to serve". As announced last week, the province is rapidly expanding service capacity to ensure timely responses and has increased Telehealth's line capacity to more than 2,000 to help manage the high daily call volume.

Premier Doug Ford's government has already declared a state of emergency of its own.

On Monday morning, Tory told CP24 that the first death of a Torontonian from COVID-19 should send a signal to others in the city.

Generally, statistics for official diagnoses should be viewed with caution.

A Toronto man has died of COVID-19 after checking into Mississauga Hospital, Toronto Public Health (TPH) says.

But in other countries, the virus continues its rampage.

B.C. government announces $5B relief plan amid COVID-19 outbreak
Surgeon General Issues Coronavirus Warning: ‘This Week It’s Going to Get Bad’